Nautical Custom Guitar
The Nautical CMG 4.5 Brazilian Rosewood / Adirondack Red Spruce
Centuries ago the art of scrimshaw came to New England aboard sailing ships. We felt it fitting to adorn a guitar with images of sailing vessels and their navigation of the seas. This brought about the idea of the Nautical.
The Nautical is a Camrielle featuring a beautiful Adirondack Red Spruce top fit to a one of a kind set of Brazilian Rosewood back and sides. The stunning Brazilian back is accented by a hand inlaid Flamed Maple and Ebony compass. The Adirondack Red Spruce and Brazilian Rosewood bracing compliments the body’s tonewoods producing a rich complex tone.
A Brazilian Rosewood fretboard accented with Flamed Maple, stainless steel frets and Mammoth Ivory, bound in Ebony sits atop a gorgeous Honduran Mahogany neck. The bridge is Brazilian Rosewood overlaid with Mammoth tusk and topped with a bone saddle and pins. The Peghead is also overlaid with Mammoth tusk and fitted with Nickel Waverly tuning machines featuring Ebony buttons.
The skill of Bob Hergert’s scrimshaw work is evident on the Peghead, Heelcap, Bridge, Bridge pins and End pin. The unique features of the Nautical are on full display in the photo gallery.
The Nautical Camrielle 4.5 RZ/SR
- Adirondack Red Spruce Top
- Brazilian Rosewood Back and Sides
- Flamed Maple and Ebony compass on Back
- Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard w/Mammoth Ivory blocks, scrimshaw by Bob Hergert
- Mammoth Ivory Peghead, scrimshaw by Bob Hergert
- Brazilian Rosewood Bridge w/Mammoth Ivory overlay, scrimshaw by Bob Hergert
- Honduran Mahogany Neck w/ Mammoth Ivory Heelcap, scrimshaw by Bob Hergert
- Spanish Cedar Neck block and Tailblock
- Brazilian Rosewood Bridge Plate
- Adirondack Red Spruce and Brazilian Rosewood Brace kit
- Nickel Waverly Tuning Machines with Ebony buttons
- Ebony Binding
- Scale Length: 25 ½”
- Upper Bout: 10 ¾”
- Waist: 9 3/8”
- Lower Bout: 15”
- Body Length: 19 7/8”
- 14” Fretboard Radius
- Neck Width: 1 ¾” @ nut, 2 5/32” @ 12th Fret
- String Spacing @ Bridge 2 3/16”
- Offset soundhole
- Cantilevered Neck
- Unidirectional high-modulus carbon fiber non adjustable Truss Rod
- Natural bone saddles and nut